Thank you for taking time to visit Miss Marohl's classroom website! This site is intended for communicating important happenings in our classroom! Thank you for all your continued support you give your child to succeed in First Grade!
Specials Schedule (2018-2019)
Music (1:00 - 1:30)
PE (1:30 - 2:00)
PE (1:00 - 1:30)
Music (1:30 - 2:00)
Art (1:00 - 1:50)
Breakfast begins - 7:45 am
Students may be dropped off (no breakfast) - 7:50 am
Bell rings for students to enter building - 8:10/8:15 am
Tardy Bell - 8:20 am
Morning Recess - 9:30 - 9:45 am
Lunch - 11:00 - 11:25
Recess - 11:25 - 11:55
Dismissal - 3:15 pm
Library (12:55 - 1:35)
ACES (1:00 - 1:30)
- Student Absent: If your child is going to be gone or leaving early please send an email to myself in advance or day of to Joyce in the office before 2 pm. If we have not heard from you, we will send your child home as planned.
- Water Bottle: Your child's water bottle will be sent home every Friday so it can be washed and sent back to school on the following Monday.
- Box Tops & Pop Tabs: Save your Box Tops/pop tabs and send to school with your child. We cash these out and use to help provide extraordinary experiences for our learners at Liberty!
- Tiger Tuesday: Please check the Tiger Tuesday Flyers page that is emailed out each Tuesday for important information, upcoming dates, and notes.
- Word Study Notebook: Each week, students will receive a spelling notebook assignment. This will be handed out on Monday and expected to be finished and handed in on Friday before our spelling test. The students are expected to finish listed activities at home.
- Birthday Celebrations: If your child has a birthday that falls within the school year, we will have a small celebration on that day or the closest day, if we do not have school. If your child's birthday is in the summer, we will celebrate their half birthday. If your child would like to bring a treat to share with the class, we will spend 10-15 minutes on the celebration, but no obligations. We do have a peanut-safe classroom for the safety of the students with peanut allergies. No peanut or peanut butter treats or snacks please. I also need you to READ THE LABELS to make sure nothing is made or processed in a facility that contains peanuts. It would be very helpful for you to send the labels along so I can entrust the treat is safe. A list of approved foods can be found HERE. Thank you so much for your cooperation and understanding!
- Surfer of the Week: Each student will have an opportunity to be the surfer of the week (otherwise known as the "Star Student") during the school year. There will be a letter sent home a week prior to their special week in our special High Five! bag. Please be sure to check out the folder and letter inside the bag for more information!
- Weekly Newsletters: I will be sending a weekly Tiger Tuesday email, along with a Friday Newsletter with your child, which will place it in their Take Home Folder and go home for your reference. This newsletter can also be found on my website under the Family Connection tab. It will list the spelling and vocabulary words for the following week, upcoming dates, important reminders, and information about what we have been doing in our classroom that week.
SCHOLASTIC BOOK ORDERS -- ONLINE
School Breakfast/Lunch Menus
Click the links below to find out the latest breakfast & lunch menus! These can also be found on the Liberty Elementary home page!
Breakfast: Monthly Menu
Lunch: Monthly Menu
1M Snack Calendar & Routine
We will be having our snack in the afternoon, after our Specials class. If your child is scheduled to bring snack, please make sure there are enough snacks to feed 21 students. If you are able to send 1-4 extra snacks, I would gladly appreciate them for my emergency stash snacks. Please click on the link below for a snack calendar for the entire year. Thank you!
1M Snack Calendar